- My Chili Recipe
- Spaghetti Noodles (or any noodle you have on hand)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Try this sometime. It’s so easy and really makes such a nice meal. Use my chili recipe or chili from a can. Make spaghetti noodles. Put them on a plate, Put chili on top of noodles and add shredded cheese. This is also a great way to serve any leftover chili in a different way for a later night. Chili is also great to freeze the extras and then just thaw them out whenever you need an easy dinner!
- 1 Lg can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Lg can Diced Tomatoes – if you prefre no chunks of tomato then use 2 cans of tomato
- sauce and omit the diced tomatoes
- 4 Sm cans Chili Beans – found with all the other beans the can will say “chili beans” you can buy hot or mild which ever you prefer
- 1 Med Onion chopped
- 1 Pound Hamburger browned and drained
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper (this is for heat, you can omit it if you don’t like it hot”
Brown and drain the hamburger. Add the onion and brown. Pour these into a soup pan and add all remaining ingredients. Stir all together. Let this simmer on low for a few hours on Med-Low ,stirring occasionally. It’s even better if after that you let it cool and refrigerate over night. This lets the spices meld together better. If you can stand to wait that long!
Prep time – 15 minutes. Cook time – 1-3 hours
Serves – 10 bowls approx
Additional ways to serve chili:
I have kind of combined the old fashioned Green Bean Casserole (that all of us love for Thanksgiving) with the old fashioned Tater-Tot Casserole. Came out really amazing!
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Pound Ground Chuck Hamburger
- 2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Onions
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 3 Cups Tater-Tots
- 1 Can Green Beans
- 1/2 Cup French Fried Onions
Brown Hamburger – drain. Add mushroom soup, salt, pepper, dried onions. In a 9×11 pan pour half the meat mixture and spread around. Place 1/2 can of green peppers on top of the meat mixture and spreads around evenly. Take one cup of cheese and spread on top of the beans. Make another layer of meat and beans. Top with tater-tots, then the remaining cheese. And finally top with the french fried onions.
Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serves 6. Prep time is 20 min plus cook time 45 min – 65 min total
This is the perfect winter meal. Having the oven on warms the house and the meal warms the insides. My mother made this for years, of course I have changed it up a bit.
- 2 C Dry Elbow Macaroni
- 1 Lb Ground Chuck Hamburger
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Large (29 oz) Can Tomato Sauce
- 4-8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Cook elbow macaroni according to directions. While it is cooking take a large frying pan. Brown the hamburger, drain. Add onion and saute. Add salt and pepper and tomato sauce. Stir in elbow macaroni. Pour into oven safe bowl or 11×9 dish.
Hint – when I use a bowl I pour in 1/2 the mixture topped with half the cheese and repeat. In the 11×9 pour in all the mixture and top with all the cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.