This recipe came from necessity. I didn’t feel like going to the store but didn’t know what to make for dinner. So as only Mom can do – she made something off of the top of her head.
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables. What ever kind suits you. The stir fry ones are good!
- 1 package Italian sausage mild
- Penne noodles – about 4 handfulls – you like that measurement?
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp chopped garlic – I like the kind that comes in a jar already chopped. You can find it in the fresh veggie aisle.
- 1/2 chopped large onion
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1/2 tsp celery flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Put on water to boil for the penne noodles
Fry sausage up in frying pan. Add oil. add veggies and stir fry for a bit.
Add everything else but the noodles. They go in the water pot when it boils!
Make sure to get the bullion cubes to dissolve.
Add the noodles when done.
Top with grated cheese. I DO NOT like Parmesan cheese, you know the kind in the green shaker bottle? I found in the refrigerated section near the cheeses a new kind that had large shavings and mixed cheeses. Much better!