- 2 large cans of tomato sauce – Actually I prefer to buy my tomato products in a box instead of a can. They treat the inside of the can with something that first off isn’t good for you, but also changes the flavor and color. Once you buy it in a box you won’t ever go back to a can!
- 1 large can diced tomatoes – or box if u prefer
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic – I like to buy it in the produce section in a jar already chopped
- 1 Tbsp. celery flakes
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 chicken bullion cubes – trust me this makes all the difference!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil – again trust me – the combination of tomatoes and olive oil is VERY good for you and also makes it taste great!
- 1 3/4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
Now you decide what meat you would like to have in this. I like to take mild Italian sausage. If you can’t find anything but the links, that’s OK. I just squeeze it out of the casing and throw it away. I also like to take chicken thighs complete with skin and bones. Meatballs are great too!
So this time I browned the crumbled sausage with the chopped onions. Add that to the pot of other ingredients. Take 4 chicken thighs and brown in a frying pan of olive oil. They don’t need to be cooked through, just nicely browned. Throw them in the pot too. Cook on med-low for the afternoon.
For dinner tonight pull out the chicken place on the plates on top of whatever pasta you prefer. Pour sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese.
Any left over chicken? Pick the meat off of the bone. Throw the bones and skin away. Add the chicken cut up small into the sauce.
The leftover sauce separate into individual plastic containers for future dinners. And then freeze.